The fortress of Châtel is one of the most important witnesses(batons) of the military medieval architecture of Lorraine. Built in the end of the XIth century by Counts de Vaudémont. In 1373, the castle is going to be considerably strengthened to adapt him(it) to the artillery over the period 1430-1450. Overcome by the troops of Louis XIV, then dismantled and shaved in winter 1670-1671. Fallen into oblivion, the ruins extend over more than 5 hectares. To visit 2 km of subterranean galleries of the XIIIth and XVth centuries, the double surrounding wall(speaker) in the North with its ditch(gap) 57 meters wide.